Our Leadership Exchange Programme is an exciting funded opportunity for leaders and senior managers from technical and vocational education and training (TVET) institutions overseas to interact with their UK counterparts.
The programme brings participants together for two partnership visits to develop innovative approaches to management and leadership, foster innovation, and share good practice and expertise, empowering college leaders to build cross cultural solutions to on-going challenges.
A grant to support each visit of approximately £2,000 is available for each leadership exchange participant. All applicants must be available over the period of both visits. Organisations will be expected to match fund the grant contribution with staff time.
Objectives of the programme
The programme seeks to achieve the following:
- effective and efficient leadership in TVET organisations
- exchange of best practice amongst senior TVET leaders in UK and overseas
- development of long lasting partnerships between institutions
- sustainability of efficient and effective management
- enhanced capacity of senior TVET leaders to negotiate partnerships with critical stakeholders in the education sector and industry
- encourage leaders to seek opportunities for staff and students through exchange programmes
- exploration of enterprise and innovation
- exploration of potential commercial opportunities for educational and technologies service providers
Who can apply
The Leadership Exchange Programme is open to:
- further education institutions
- training providers
- sector skills organisations
- awarding organisations
- skills agencies
- quality assurance agencies
- government ministries
Should you have any queries about eligibility please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What support is provided?
The British Council is on the ground in more than 100 countries across six continents. This gives us unrivalled local intelligence and understanding of the issues faced in different parts of the world.
We offer comprehensive guidance and support to our partnerships at every stage of the process, working with them to ensure that their exchange delivers maximum benefit for the organisations and countries involved.
Leadership Exchange opportunities will be announced from participating countries throughout the course of the year.
All opportunities will be advertised on this website, via SIEM and through our newsletter to the UK sector.
Interested applicants from UK organisations will be required to submit an application clearly stating their fit for the specific exchange.
British Council will assess and shortlist the applications and notify successful applicants.
Please see the downloads section below for an overview of the process and further guidance.
There are currently no opportunities. Please keep checking this section for the latest updates.