We share the UK’s experience, knowledge and expertise to help enhance the skills and employability of young people.
We encourage closer links between education, employers and policy makers in the UK and the countries we work in to help enhance the skills and employability of young people globally. Our work creates opportunities for individuals to broaden their horizons and be equipped with the skills needed to face today's global and multicultural world of work.
We do this by sharing experience from policy and practice; encouraging mobility and exchange for young people, practitioners and policymakers; supporting innovative and sustainable partnership working; and helping to build the capacity of teachers, practitioners and policy-makers. We continually develop our work through piloting different approaches to raise the profile and quality of skills development globally.
We work with a range of partners to nurture higher quality skills development that helps enhance the employability of individuals, particularly young people and disadvantaged groups.
Our work is diverse but some of the key areas we are interested in are:
- Policy and leadership
- Governance and management
- Teacher professionalism and continued professional development
- Quality of teaching methods and learner outcomes.
- Linking national skills education and labour policies
- Employer engagement and sector approaches
- Occupational standards and curriculum development.
Flexibility and progression
- National and Regional Qualifications Frameworks
- Work-based learning and apprenticeships
- Careers services and access to education and training.
- Enterprise education and entrepreneurial learning
- E-learning and digital
- Innovative approaches to teaching and learning.