Accreditation UK provide support for centres preparing for inspection. We provide self-evaluation templates, guidance documents and the option to attend a pre-inspection briefing. Centres that enrol students under 18 should consult the Care of under 18s page.
Self assessment templates
You can self assess your organisation against the inspection criteria. Use these templates to see how you match up against the criteria.
- Management (Word 74KB)
- Resources and environment (Word 54KB)
- Teaching and learning (Word 74KB)
- Welfare and student services (Word 88KB)
- Care of under 18s (Word 55KB)
- Home tuition (Word 52KB)
- International study centres (Word 55KB)
- In company provision (Word 52KB)
Pre-inspection briefings provide participants with an overview of the inspection process, tips on preparation and understanding the criteria and opportunity to speak to a senior inspector and a member of the Accreditation team.
The briefings consist of:
- a morning session aimed at first time applicants and staff from accredited centres who will be directly involved for the first time in setting up an inspection. This will focus on Getting ready for an inspection: application, preparation, and documentation.
- an afternoon session aimed at both first-time applicants and staff from accredited centres. The focus will be on How to do well in an inspection.
Questions are welcomed during the briefings and if time permits there is an opportunity for networking.
The pre-inspection briefings cost:
- £35 for accredited centres (the afternoon session only)
- £45 for new applicants (the morning and afternoon session).
Please note that lunch is not provided, only light refreshments.
|3 November 2016
How to register
Simply download and complete the booking form from the bottom of the page and post it to the address on the form along with a cheque for the appropriate amount.
We need to have received your form and cheque at least seven days prior to the event. Bookings and payments received after this date may not be accepted.
Please note that we cannot confirm your place until we have received your cheque. Cheque is the only accepted form of payment.
Places fill up quickly - please book early to avoid disappointment.
English UK consultancy
English UK provides a consultancy service to help centres prepare for accreditation or inspection. Visit the English UK website for more information.
At the bottom of the page you can download:
- Teacher qualifications evaluation form and flowchart - ensuring that teachers hold qualifications that meet the Scheme criteria is an important step in the preparation for inspection.
- Guidance on preparing for inspection.
- Guidance on the Counter-Terrorism and Security Act 2015 and Prevent strategy - an information sheet, risk assessment and action plan template, and sample policy
- Guidance notes on meeting the requirements of the publicity criteria