The British Council accredits over 435 ELT centres in the UK ranging from sole traders to private language schools, summer schools and large university and college departments.
You can apply for British Council accreditation if you:
- are a UK organisation, which offers English language teaching in the UK
- have at least one student
- have offered English language teaching in the UK for one year or more. There are a minimum number of weeks that you must have run courses for - the exact number can be found on page 15 in the Handbook.
- (for private sector organisations only) the proprietor must have a permanent residence in the UK or in the case of a company, a registered office in the UK.
* following changes to entry requirements for students from the EU, EEA and Switzerland, applications for provisional accreditation may now be considered from new applicants who do not yet meet the minimum period of operation. Please email the Accreditation Unit (firstname.lastname@example.org) to register your interest and discuss your individual case.
You can read the full eligibility criteria on page 9 in the Accreditation UK Handbook.