English language centres accredited by the British Council are able to recruit students on the following visas:
- Short term study visa (for up to 6 months for general courses and up to 11 months for English language courses only if over the age of 16)
- Incidental study up to 30 days for visitors on six-month general and business visas.
For more information on visas please visit the Visas and immigration section of the Gov.uk website.
Accredited centres are entitled to a number of British Council promotional opportunities. They are able to:
- feature on the Accreditation UK A-Z list of accredited centres
- get access to the British Council's International Education Services (IES) - more information below
- be promoted through the extensive network of British Council offices in over 100 countries
- participate in educational exhibitions overseas
- access overseas market information
- access British Council tenders and opportunities through Accreditation UK Newswire
- receive support on some overseas visits (dependent on local British Council provision).
Centres will also have access to benefits provided by the ELT sector's professional association, English UK.
International Education Services (IES)
British Council International Education Services (IES) supports UK education institutions and accredited English language centres in their international work. IES operates in over 50 countries and provides support with:
- international student recruitment
- market intelligence
- developing working relationships with institutions overseas.