Chatsworth House
Chatsworth House, Derbyshire © on Flickr under Creative Commons licence

Students and educational agents can choose from over 430 quality assured UK English language centres.

Accredited centres include language schools, summer schools, home-tuition providers, independent school/colleges, further education colleges and universities.

There are centres located in busy cities as well as in the countryside or by the sea. Centres offer different courses, so there is a wide range of courses to choose from, including general English, English with activities and specific courses for academic study or professional enhancement.

From 2021, international students are only allowed to study at an institution that is accredited by one of the government-recognised accreditation bodies, even if they don't need a visa to enter the UK. Accreditation UK is recognised by the government for this purpose.

If you’re looking for an accredited non-English language course, you won’t find it here; there are other accrediting bodies for those. Also, if the English language centre you’re looking for is not listed here it may have another form of accreditation or inspection. Please see the list on the Short Term Study Visa page of the website.

In this section