Teach English overseas on a paid six-month or one-year placement. Experience life in another country, learn transferable skills and stand out in the job market.
Applications for 2019-20 are open now and close on Friday 15 February 2019.
As an English Language Assistant, you will:
- strengthen your CV
- improve your fluency in another language
- gain skills in communication, presentation, time management, organisation, teamwork, working independently, creative thinking and problem-solving
- immerse yourself in another culture
- increase your cultural awareness
- develop professional confidence.
Teaching time is limited to between 12 and 20 hours a week, giving you plenty of time to experience the country and pursue other interests. Many language assistants use their time abroad productively, from starting a small business to appearing on TV.
If you are from outside the UK and want to teach your language, you can become a language assistant in England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland.