Global Wales Discover is a British Council run-programme funded by the Welsh Government and Global Wales, providing funding to Welsh undergraduates at Welsh Universities. The programme offers physical and virtual opportunities for students to spend between two and eight weeks studying, working or volunteering in a number of countries around the globe.
Which universities participate in Global Wales Discover?
Global Wales Discover is open to Welsh undergraduate students who are currently studying at one of the following institutions:
- Aberystywyth University
- Bangor University
- Cardiff Metropolitan University
- Cardiff University
- Grŵp Llandrillo Menai / Grŵp Llandrillo Menai
- Swansea University
- University of South Wales
- University of Wales Trinity Saint David
- Wrexham Glyndŵr University / Prifysgol Glyndŵr Wrecsam
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for funding, Welsh undergraduates must:
- be a UK national or have 'settled status'
- have been Welsh-domiciled for three years or more prior to the first day of their academic course
- have been living in the UK for three years before starting the course.
Which countries can I go to?
Opportunities are available globally.
What can I use the funding for?
For physical opportunities funding is available for living costs and travel expenses, whereas for virtual opportunities the funding is for programme fees.
Deadline for applications
Each institution manages the application process for its students, so check with your institution about deadlines.
How do I apply?
If your institution is listed above and you are interested in applying for funding, you should contact your institution's international office. For all other enquiries please contact us at GlobalWalesDiscover@britishcouncil.org. You can also discover more following our Twitter hashtag #GlobalWalesDiscover.