The Intermediate level of the International School Award is for schools already working on international activities. It is ideal for schools that:
- have made links with other schools overseas and have worked on collaborative projects,
- are beginning to raise awareness of global issues amongst students,
- want to share educational practice with partners overseas.
Schools must demonstrate evidence of at least three curriculum-based international activities, enhancing student's understanding of other countries, cultures and global issues.
At least one of these activities must have been done in collaboration with a partner or partners in another country.
Half of the pupils within your school must be impacted by the activities and lessons.
The bulk of each activity needs to have taken place within the 12 months prior to the application date.
Visit the guidance section for support on planning your international work.
What do you receive?
Schools will receive:
- a certificate of achievement to display in your school,
- expert feedback and guidance on how to further develop your international work and progress within the International School Award,
- a media pack containing a press release template and guidance on how to raise awareness through social media and the local press.