The Foundation level of the International School Award is for schools embarking on their international journey. It is ideal for schools that:
- are introducing the concept of internationalism,
- are getting ready to form an international partnership,
- have conducted at least one international classroom activity.
The only requirement for applying for the Foundation level is evidence of at least one curriculum-based international activity enhancing student's understanding of other countries, cultures and global issues.
The bulk of the activity needs to have taken place within the 12 months prior to the application date.
Visit the guidance section for support on planning your international work.
What do I gain?
Schools who achieve the Foundation level will receive:
- a certificate of achievement to display in your school,
- expert feedback and guidance on how to further develop your international work and progress to other levels within the International School Award,
- a media pack containing a press release template and guidance on how to raise awareness through social media and the local press.