Last updated: 25/11/2020
If students at your university are looking for a first step in the world of work, we offer overseas placements to work as Language Assistants for both undergraduates and graduates. A year as a Language Assistant gives students the opportunity to develop transferrable skills that will make their CV stand out from the crowd.
University students must have completed at least two years of an undergraduate degree, and be highly proficient in English (C2 level). Teaching opportunities are available in 15 destinations and students do not need a formal language qualification to become a Language Assistant.
Promoting the programme to your students
UK higher education institutions, especially study abroad co-ordinators, faculty members and career offices, can raise awareness of the programme and its benefits by highlighting:
- A new opportunity for graduates in Hong Kong
- Candidates must have lived in the UK at some point in their life for a total of two years prior to application
- Knowledge of UK culture will be assessed through questions in the application form
- There is no longer a target destination language requirement for Spain, Hong Kong and China. Applicants need to be highly proficient in English - C2 level
- Austria, Germany and Switzerland is now A2 in the target language
- The reference deadline for 2021/22 is a week following the applicant submission deadline
- As well as two completed years at university, other minimum qualification equivalents are welcomed as specified on our website
In the sections below, you will find an outline of what universities are required to do in order for your students to take part in this programme.