What is the opportunity?
The British Council’s Climate Connection is a global initiative, engaging people around the world through arts and culture, education and the English language and bringing their voices and work to the table to support our stakeholders in addressing the climate action agenda. A particular focus of the programme is on engaging the next generation of climate leaders and giving practical support to young people and communities most impacted by climate change, helping them share their perspectives globally and achieve real change.
The programme has included a number of research projects, policy dialogues, thought leadership pieces as well as impact evaluations that collectively have the potential to offer a distinctive cultural relations perspective on climate change and the climate action agenda.
To ensure that this body of work is used effectively to influence policy and programming, contribute to wider knowledge and discourse as well as generate evidence base for future research or programming, the British Council is convening a Knowledge Summit.
This series of global events will be held during the weeks commencing 14 and 21 March 2022. It will bring together relevant global partners and networks as well as multi-level and multi-regional stakeholders across disciplines, sectors and generations for knowledge exchange and collaboration.
Through the Knowledge Summit, the British Council aims to articulate and sustain a distinctive cultural relations contribution to climate action in the aftermath of COP26 through English, Education and Arts. The Summit will integrate and strengthen the role of cultural relations in supporting the COP26 legacy and setting the agenda for COP27 and beyond, including a focus on supporting youth voice and participation and equality, diversity and inclusion. It will support action-oriented dialogue and policy engagement around climate action priorities and agendas across our core cultural relations sectors of English, Education and Arts with Climate Connection partners and stakeholders such as Julie’s Bicycle, WWF, the COP26 HE Network, YOUNGO and the Association of Commonwealth Universities. It will the showcase the distinctive knowledge base that the British Council is generating to support these aims and objectives.
Knowledge Summit objectives
The objectives of the Knowledge Summit are:
- to articulate and sustain a distinctive cultural relations contribution to climate action in the aftermath of COP26 through English, Education and Arts
- to integrate and strengthen the role of cultural relations in supporting the COP26 legacy and setting the agenda for COP27 and beyond, including a focus on supporting youth voice and participation and equality, diversity and inclusion
- to support action-oriented dialogue and policy engagement around climate action priorities and agendas across our core cultural relations sectors of sectors
- to showcase, amplify and engage the distinctive knowledge base that the British Council is generating to support these objectives.
We are seeking a supplier, or a consortium of suppliers, to:
- review the body of research and knowledge that has been generated through The Climate Connection and work with the British Council and its partners to distill key findings and curate content for the Knowledge Summit programme
- design, manage and deliver the series of events and engagement activities that will constitute the Knowledge Summit
- provide outputs that will summarise key insights, recommendations and calls to action from the Summit, articulate the Theory of Change for a cultural relations approach to climate action, and help set the agenda for future research and policy insight on cultural relations and climate action ahead of COP27 and beyond.
How to apply:
A full outline of the proposal request, qualification requirements, instructions for responding and evaluation criteria are available as part of the tender opportunity on our procurement portal.
This opportunity can be found on In-Tend under the reference number BC/02199.
- Deadline for clarification questions: 13 December 2021 (23.59 GMT)
- British Council to respond to clarification questions: 20 December 2021 (23:59 GMT)
- Deadline for submission of proposals by potential suppliers: 6 January 2022 (23:59 GMT)
- Final decision: week commencing 10 January 2022
- Contract concluded with winning supplier: week commencing 17 January 2022
Please note: It is intended that the Knowledge Summit will be held during the weeks commencing 14 and 21 March 2022. The deadline for delivery of the Summit outputs is 30 April 2022.