The Climate Connection: join our climate activities in the run up to COP26
The British Council is working with partners across the UK and worldwide to support the success and legacy of COP26, creating opportunities for climate cooperation, dialogue and action.
Here we'll publish our latest opportunities and links to resources designed to help tackle climate change.
Climate change content
Visit our climate change hub to access classroom materials for your school. Try our challenges and practical experiments, and help your school create a pollution-catcher.
We have partnered with the Northern Ireland Science Festival to present an inter-generational conversation on the key issues facing the planet and what we need to do to influence policy makers and the public.
Climate change resources for students
Scholarships are for students from Egypt, Nigeria, Pakistan, Turkey and Vietnam who want to study at a UK university for a one-year postgraduate course in a climate change-related subject. Each scholarship offers a minimum of £10,000 towards tuition fees.
Climate change projects and initiatives
Through our work, we are bringing people around the world together to collaborate on creative and innovative solutions to address climate change.
- helping our Active Citizens alumni around the world to collaborate on solutions to climate change
- supporting our Future News Worldwide alumni to develop their journalism skills and report on climate issues
- funding creative commissions to examine climate change through art, science and digital technology
- providing grants to researchers for climate research workshops and trilateral research partnerships
- supporting the Commonwealth Futures Climate Research Cohort in partnership with the Association of Commonwealth Universities
- running #DestinationZero, an innovation challenge for young people. The deadline for this opportunity was 14 February 2021. Applicants can view details in the #DestinationZero competition rules.
There’s more coming soon. Please check this page for updates on further opportunities and information about our work to help tackle climate change.