Largest eTwinning Ambassador gathering to date held in Bristol
151 eTwinning ambassadors from across Europe gathered in Bristol from 2-4 November 2017 for the annual professional development workshop for the European network of eTwinning ambassadors. It was the largest eTwinning Ambassadors professional development gathering since the programme launched 12 years ago and the British Council (eTwinning UK team) arranged a series of professional development workshops including:
- Public Speaking
- Project based learning
- Critical Thinking for the 21st Century
- Online moderation
- Designing an effective online event
- Dynamic face-to-face training
- Project Management
- Producing open educational resources
- Digital inclusion
- Ambassadors TedX talk
The guest speaker for the event was Oliver Reichardt, Director of Fellowship at the Royal Society for the encouragement of Arts, who delivered an engaging keynote speech on the power of collaborative networks and the importance of making purposeful connections to open the workshop.
The workshops were designed to build ambassador capacity to speak at conferences (and on social media) and to deliver eTwinning start-up and thematic workshops, all with the objective of building teachers pedagogical and digital skills through eTwinning.
If you feel that you have developed a passionate and confident understanding of eTwinning and would be interested in becoming an eTwinning ambassador, why not contact the UK eTwinning team at eTwinning@britishcouncil.org.
Arrange a free eTwinning intoductory workshop in your area
The British Council eTwinning team will:
- arrange a date, time, workshop theme (can also be during INSET days)
- provide the venue, including equipment hire and refreshments (this can be your own school)
- identify eTwinning experts in your area to deliver the session
- ask for your help to contact teachers in your area to attend the workshop
- cover costs such as venue and equipment hire, supply cover for speakers (and their associated travel and accommodation costs), and refreshments. Unfortunately we cannot meet supply cover costs for participants.
To arrange a free workshop, please contact us.
Register an eTwinning project before 7 December to receive a host of goodies designed to help kick-start a simple international project. Find out more.
European professional development workshops
Please register on www.etwinning.net to receive alerts to other opportunities as they become available.