Our training for education agents is recognised and respected around the world. Training is completed online, following an initial face to face session at your local British Council Office.
There are two levels of training:
British Council Foundation Certificate for Agents
Who can apply?
Our Foundation Certificate is designed to endorse the skills of people already working in the field. To apply for our Foundation Certificate you’ll need to have agreements in place with at least two UK education institutions on the Register of Sponsors or an accredited language school.
About the course:
- Online delivery over 8 study weeks
- includes self assessment tests
- assessed by a formal written exam and professional development record
The syllabus includes:
- UK education and training system; courses and qualifications
- quality assurance
- benefits of studying and living in the UK
- lifestyle – travel, accommodation, living costs, welfare
- course fees and scholarships
- UK application procedures, entry requirements, visas and immigration.
- Recognition of commitment to quality and professionalism
- Quality of qualification acknowledged amongst UK education institutions
- Certificate to evidence successful completion
- Public listing on the British Council trained agents list
Am I eligible?
This qualification is valid for a period of two years and the certificate is provided to the individual. Reissue is dependent on evidence of participation in continuing professional development activity through the advanced professional development route, the British Council Advanced Certificate.
We recommend that applicants for whom English is a second language have achieved a level equivalent to IELTS 5.5
British Council Advanced Certificate for Agents
This is a portfolio based qualification that plans and tracks professional development on an on-going basis, emphasising professionalism, ethical behaviour, excellence in support and service provision.