The Arts and Creative Economy Advisory Group advises the Arts leadership team and influences the British Council’s vision and strategy.
The advisory group reports to the Executive Board, and its formation or disbandment are the Chief Executive's responsibility. The group's functions are solely advisory. It has no decision-making or executive powers.
The role of the Arts and Creative Economy Advisory Group, as set out in its terms of reference, is to:
- support the British Council in its mission to create a friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and wider world
- act as an advocate for the British Council’s work
- advise on the development of the British Council’s strategy
- ensure that the Arts leadership team is kept informed of major developments in the arts and creative economy sectors
- serve as a channel of professional advice within the areas of expertise represented on the Group
- offer insights and identify new opportunities and trends
- create links between the British Council and the communities within the arts and creative economy sectors for whom our work has particular relevance.