Free online course - now open
Join our new four week free online course in collaboration with the Møller Institute, Churchill College, University of Cambridge.
Ideas for a better world: Leading change though policy making
Policy change can affect billions of people’s lives. What if you could create policies to enhance our societies, transform people’s lives and change the impact we have on the world. Leading change through policy making will help you see your ideas for a better world become a reality.
From signing a petition at home to advising Presidents and global leaders at the United Nations, policy change can start anywhere and be led by anyone. If you have ideas about how to make the world a better place, this course in collaboration with the Møller Institute, Churchill College, University of Cambridge will equip you with a greater knowledge and awareness about policy making and leadership, at local, national and international levels. You will learn from global policy experts, courageous leaders and hear new innovate perspectives from young people leading policy change around the world.
The course is based on the British Council’s pioneering Future Leaders Connect curriculum.
Special guest speakers include:
- Jayathma Wickramanayake – the United Nations Secretary-General’s Envoy on Youth
- Graca Machel – International advocate for women’s and children’s rights; former freedom fighter and first Education Minister for Mozambique and Deputy Chair of The Elders
- The Rt Hon. The Lord Fowler – Lord Speaker, UK House of Lords
- The Lord Wilson of Dinton GCB – Member of the UK House of Lords
- Sir Ciarán Devane – Chief Executive of the British Council