(Between 2017 and 2019, Future Leaders was delivered as a face-to-face programme. In 2021 it will be delivered online.)
Future Leaders Connect 2021
The British Council’s programme for young policy leaders is happening online this year.
Now more than ever, the world needs inspiring policymakers.
This year’s programme will run from Monday 11 October to Friday 19 November 2021. It will include all the elements of previous years – the taught component, networking, relationship-building and action plan development – delivered digitally. The difficulty of meeting face-to-face at this time has given us an additional real-world challenge that will only inspire our future global leaders.
The programme will consist of self guided study, team work and live online sessions. Participants will commit to spending an average of 10 hours a week on the programme, for six weeks.
The launch of the programme will take place on Monday 11 October and subsequent live sessions will be scheduled weekly on a Tuesday and Wednesday from 09.00 – 10.30 UK time.
Members will benefit from:
- Exclusive access to policy experts and training
- The opportunity to learn about leadership styles and access international networks to make a difference through policy-making
- The chance to discuss your policy ideas with UK Parliamentarians and Government and network with some of the world’s most senior leaders
- Joining an exclusive network of exceptional policy change makers from around the world and discuss today’s biggest global challenges.
New for 2021:
- Coaching sessions with existing Future Leader Connect members to expand your network and support you during and after the programme
- Access to the British Council Foreign Policy Forum, a vibrant network (professionals working on the development of foreign policy for think tanks, political parties and parliamentarians) with exclusive access to events, platforms, intelligence and insight from across the British Council global network
- Mentors (mostly representing UK think tanks) who will support you to develop and deliver your policy action plan
- A wider, more diverse range of contributors and speakers.