Free four-week online course
Our free online course Ideas for a Better World, which is based on the policy and leadership curriculum of Future Leaders Connect in collaboration with the Møller Institute, Churchill College, University of Cambridge.
Over 23,000 people from 168 different countries around the world signed up to our online course in 2019 and received their free certificate. 99% of them said they gained new knowledge or skills through taking the course. The free online course lasts four weeks with a commitment required of 2-3 hours per weeks. On completion of the course you will receive a free certificate. If you want to learn more about policymaking and leadership then this is the course for you.
More about the course
Ideas for a Better World: Leading Change Through Policymaking
Policy change can affect billions of people’s lives. What if you could create policies to enhance our societies, transform people’s lives and change the impact we have on the world. Leading change through policy making will help you see your ideas for a better world become a reality.
“I am truly grateful for this opportunity. I never knew I could learn so much in this short space of time. This course is really a ‘wow’ experience.”
Ideas for a Better World course participant
From signing a petition at home to advising Presidents and global leaders at the United Nations, policy change can start anywhere and be led by anyone. If you have ideas about how to make the world a better place, this course in collaboration with the Møller Institute, Churchill College, University of Cambridge will equip you with a greater knowledge and awareness about policy making and leadership, at local, national and international levels. You will learn from global policy experts, courageous leaders and hear new innovate perspectives from young people leading policy change around the world.
During the four-week course you will learn from experts and Future Leaders Connect members more about,
- Transforming your passion into policy
- Using insights and evidence
- How to collaborate and influence
- Creating your policy action plan
The course is based on the British Council’s pioneering Future Leaders Connect curriculum. Since completing the course, 79% of people said they have already begun to apply what they have learned.
Special guest speakers include:
- Jayathma Wickramanayake – the United Nations Secretary-General’s Envoy on Youth
- Graca Machel – International advocate for women’s and children’s rights; former freedom fighter and first Education Minister for Mozambique and Deputy Chair of The Elders
- The Rt Hon. The Lord Fowler – Lord Speaker, UK House of Lords
- The Lord Wilson of Dinton GCB – Member of the UK House of Lords
- Sir Ciarán Devane – Chief Executive of the British Council