Ideas for a Better World: Leading Change Through Policymaking
This course is based on the policy and leadership curriculum of the Future Leaders Connect programme and lasts for four weeks, starting 25 May. To register, you'll need too sign up on the Future Learn website.
Policy change can affect billions of people’s lives. What if you could create policies to enhance our societies, transform people’s lives and change the impact we have on the world?
From signing a petition at home to advising Presidents and global leaders at the United Nations, policy change can start anywhere and be led by anyone. If you have ideas about how to make the world a better place, this course will equip you with a greater knowledge and awareness about policy making and leadership, at local, national and international levels. You will learn from global policy experts, courageous leaders and hear new innovate perspectives from young people leading policy change around the world.
What you will learn:
- Transforming your passion into policy
- Using insights and evidence
- How to collaborate and influence
- Creating your policy action plan
The course lasts four weeks with a commitment required of 2-3 hours per week, on completion of the course you will also receive a free certificate.
Special guest speakers include:
- Jayathma Wickramanayake – the United Nations Secretary-General’s Envoy on Youth
- Graça Machel – former freedom fighter and first Education Minister for Mozambique and Deputy Chair of The Elders
- Lord Fowler – Lord Speaker, UK House of Lords
- Lord Wilson of Dinton GCB – Member of the UK House of Lords
- Sir Ciarán Devane – Chief Executive of the British Council
More than 23,000 people from 168 different countries around the world signed up to our online course in 2019.
Are you ready to take on the challenge? Sign up for this course on the Future Learn website