Co-creation is essential to the success of the New Narratives programme, so the Youth Advisory Board was formed!
With the board, we are committing to the continuous engagement of young people throughout the design and delivery of the programme; a principle based on the ‘Nothing About Us Without Us’ approach.
The board consists of eight young people from countries of Africa and the UK. They will provide advice, insight, and recommendations on matters relevant to the programme.
How was the board chosen?
Through an elaborate application and selection process. Selected board members ticked off important criteria to the programme. They are:
- Young people aged 18-35 years from countries of Africa and the UK.
- Passionate about creating or deepening international connections and collaboration between the continent of Africa and the UK.
- Experienced in leadership and/or advisory roles for programmes or organisations.
- Influential in their communities as artists, activists, academics, entrepreneurs, influencers or technologists, etc.
- Have significant online and offline networks.
We look forward to co-creating with them!