Justice Partnership Programme
|Clients||European Union, Danish International Development Agency (DANIDA)|
2010 to 2015
Through the Justice Partnership Programme we are helping to develop a capable and democratic justice sector in Vietnam that can protect the rights of citizens and the state through implementing judicial reform.
The programme's main objectives are to:
- improve judicial procedures, to ensure they are democratic, transparent and respect human rights.
- support judicial organs and judicial support institutions
- strengthen the capacity of judicial staff, lawyers, and legal and aid providers
- introduce a Technical Assistance team, consisting of a team leader and three key experts, to provide assistance to the three justice sector institutions: the Supreme People’s Court, the Minister of Justice and the Supreme People’s Procuracy.
- State institutions are being supported in implementing Vietnam’s Judicial Reform Strategy
- Key laws have been revised and implemented, including the Law on Lawyers and the Criminal Procedure Code
- A national legal-aid strategy has been developed, and training has been delivered to legal-aid providers across the country
- A plan to publish court judgements has been developed and is now being implemented
- A capacity development plan for courts has been produced, and training has been delivered to judges and support staff nationally.