The purpose of the assessment research awards is to assist doctoral level research students (Ph.D/Ed.D.) in their data collection and/or analysis activities or in presenting their work at an international conference.
The application should be completed by the research student and his/her academic supervisor and should include details of how the award will contribute to the completion of the student’s work, or details of the paper accepted for presentation at the conference. There will a number of awards available on an annual basis, to a maximum value of £2,500 per award.
Proposals must be presented on the form provided. Applicants should submit their completed project proposal form by email attachment to the British Council at email@example.com. You will receive a confirmation email when the proposal has reached the British Council. This should happen within three days of sending the proposal.
The Assessment Research Award recipient will submit two documents:
- Interim report: This is due six months after the start date (to be negotiated with award recipient) and will briefly outline progress on the project to date.
- Summary of achievements: a two to three page summary outlining the recipient’s achievements should be submitted on completion of the research, together with a summary paragraph from the principal supervisor detailing how the award has helped the recipient make progress towards the completion of his/her Ph.D/Ed.D dissertation.
AWARD RECIPIENTS FOR 2016
- Maria Georgina Fernandez Sesma (University of Southampton,UK,supervisor Dr Ying Zheng)
- Iftikhar Haider (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign,USA, supervisors Professor Emeritus Fred Davidson & Professor Melissa Bowles)
- Benjamin Kremmel (University of Nottingham, UK, supervisor Professor Norbert Schmitt)
- Suh Keong Kwon (University of Bristol, UK, supervisor Dr Guoxing Yu)
- Heidi Han-Ting Liu (Teachers College, Columbia University, USA, supervisor Professor James E. Purpura)
- Yueting Xu (The University of Hong Kong, SARPRC, supervisor Professor David R. Carless)
AWARD RECIPIENTS FOR 2015
- Tanzeela Anbreen (University of Bedfordshire, UK, supervisor Professor Stephen Bax).
- Tony Clark (University of Bristol, UK, supervisors Dr Guoxing Yu and Dr Talia Asaacs).
- Lin Fang (University of Bristol, UK, supervisor Dr Guoxing Yu).
- Edit Ficzere (University of Bedfordshire, UK, supervisor Dr Fumiyo Nakatsuhara).
- Elsa Gonzalez (University of Southampton, UK, supervisor Dr Ying Zheng).
- Mikako Nishikawa, (University of Bristol, UK, supervisor Dr Guoxing Yu).
- Saerhim Oh (Teachers College, Columbia University, USA, supervisor Professor Jim Purpura).
- Victor Santos (Iowa State University, USA, supervisor Professor Carol A. Chapelle).
- Linxiao Wang (Northern Arizona University, USA, supervisor Dr Okim Kang).
PREVIOUS RECIPIENTS 2014
- Ahmet Dursun (Iowa State University, USA, supervisor Professor Carol A. Chapelle)
- Suwimol Jaiyote (University of Bedfordshire, UK, supervisor Dr. Fumiyo Nakatsuhara)
- Glyn Jones (Lancaster University, UK, supervisor Dr. Luke Harding)
- Yumiko Moore (University of Bedfordshire, UK, supervisor Professor Cyril Weir) 2013
- Stéphanie Gaillard (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA, supervisors Professor Fred Davidson & Dr. Annie Tremblay)
- Ruslan Suvorov (Iowa State University, USA, supervisor Professor Carol A. Chapelle)
- Tami Aviad (University of Haifa, Israel, supervisor Professor Batia Laufer)
KEY DATES FOR ASSESSMENT RESEARCH AWARDS 2016
|November 2015||Call for proposals|
|30 January 2016||Applications close|
|February 2016||Preliminary review of applications|
|February – March 2016||Evaluation and selection|
|March 2016||Notification of decisions to applicants|
If additional information about the assessment research awards is required, contact the British Council prior to application at firstname.lastname@example.org