Your child will feel at home in our safe and secure centre environment.
At the British Council we take your child's safety and security very seriously. All of our policies and processes around the globe meet the highest UK child protection and health and safety standards.
This means you can count on us to put child protection first in everything we do from recruiting teachers and designing centres to developing apps.
Teacher recruitment and child protection
All of our teachers go through a rigourous process of child protection checks to ensure your child is completely safe while in our care or using our products.
- If a teacher is from the UK we require them to apply for a UK DBS check (disclosure and barring service previously CRB).
- Locally appointed teachers from other countries need to provide an enhanced disclosure from that country.
- In addition, teachers who are new to the British Council must acquire a police check from their current country of residence.
- All of these checks are carried out before a teacher starts in their post.
- All members of our staff undertake child protection training, not just our teachers.