Authority to grant or withdraw accreditation is vested in the Joint Chairs of the Accreditation Scheme Board who are guided by the Executive Board and the Accreditation Scheme Advisory Committee.
The Board meets quarterly and comprises the following members:
- British Council: Mike Welch (Chair), Roy Cross, Oliver Phillips
- English UK: Jodie Gray (Chair), Andrew Hjort, Mark Rendell
- Jacqueline Gresham, Chair of the Accreditation Scheme Advisory Committee
- Liz McLaren, Manager, Accreditation UK (Secretary)
- An additional member of the Accreditation Unit attends all Board meetings.
All members of the Board act in the general interests of the Scheme, Scheme members and their students. The Board can invite others to attend Board meetings on a non-voting basis.
Accreditation Scheme Advisory Committee
The Accreditation Scheme Advisory Committee (ASAC) meets at least six times annually. It has a maximum of 14 voting members appointed by the Board, and includes individuals from accredited ELT centres from both state and private sectors, as well as experts in the fields of ELT, student welfare, and educational evaluation.
The Accreditation UK Annual report for 2016-17 is available below.