What is the opportunity?
The Edinburgh International Culture Summit is a biennial ministerial forum established in 2012 by the Edinburgh International Festival in a unique partnership with the British Council, Scottish Parliament and the Scottish and UK Governments. The Summit is devised and produced on behalf of its partners by an independent charity – Edinburgh International Culture Summit Foundation.
The Edinburgh International Culture Summit brings together Culture Ministers, artists, thinkers and arts leaders from around the world to share ideas, expertise and best practice, with a view to inspiring positive change in cultural policy and investment. The Summit seeks to emphasise the importance of artistic exchange in a world that is increasingly complex and multi-lateral.
The aim of this research opportunity is to commission an external review of the Edinburgh Culture Summit exploring two overarching themes:
1. An assessment of the achievements and impact of the summit in the ten years since its inception.
2. A proposed vision, objectives and organisational/governance/operating model for a world class international gathering of cultural leaders in Edinburgh
- Experience of reviewing cultural programmes.
- Knowledge of the Edinburgh International Culture Summit.
- Experience of writing clear and accessible written reports.
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of Scotland, its governance and devolved powers.
Outputs and deadlines
- Inception workshop with the team.
- Written full review report with findings, learning recommendations and the full review method.
- Executive Summary of the report outlining key findings and recommendations.
- Slide deck of the key findings and recommendations.
- Presentation to the Steering Group.
|Deadline for clarification questions (where you can ask questions about the opportunity via In-Tend)||Friday 3 February 2023|
|Deadline for British Council to respond to clarification questions||Thursday 9 February 2023|
|Deadline for submission of proposals by potential suppliers||5pm (GMT) Wednesday 22 February 2023|
|Contract concluded with the winning supplier||By Monday 13 March 2023|
|Contract start date||
By Monday 20 March 2023
How to apply
A full outline of the proposal request, the instructions for responding and evaluation criteria are available as attachments below. To apply, register (if you have not already) for free on our procurement platform In-Tend and submit a proposal.