FNW22 12 - 14 July 2022
'Theme: Building the skills, support and resilience needed for journalism to meet the challenges of a changed world'
FNW22 is a 3-day virtual summit bringing together some of the world's best student journalists. Participants will join for 3 hours each day to hear from key note speakers, participate in a pitching workshop and network with other young journalists. The session will be repeated later in the day to allow participation from all time zones.
Applications are open to young journalists working in any form of media, who meet the eligibility criteria below:
- Aged 18-25 on 1 July 2022.
- A registered undergraduate or postgraduate student (of any subject), enrolled at a university or higher education institution OR a recent graduate who completed their course after 1 July 2021.
- A native speaker of English OR able to speak English at IELTS level 6.5 or equivalent (please note an IELTS qualification is NOT required, your language ability will be assessed via your response to Essay Question 1)
- No previous participation in a Future NEWS or Future News Worldwide event
- Dedicated to a career in journalism in any form.
- Available to attend all three days of the online conference 12, 13, and 14 July 2022 (3 hours per day).
To apply, please read the information below plus the Terms and Conditions at the bottom of the page, then follow the link to start your application. Please note that your application form cannot be saved once started, so we recommend drafting your answers to the Application Questions (below) offline, then pasting into the form. Once you have submitted your application you can log in and edit it ant any time until the closing date
Applications close at 23:59 BST on 12 June 2022.