APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED.
Subscribe to our mailing list to be alerted when applications open for 2019.
If you're a student who's passionate about journalism then we want to hear from you! Whether you're a writer, blogger, vlogger, photographer, radio journalist or work in any other kind of media you can apply for a place at Future News Worldwide as long as you meet the eligibility requirements below.
To apply for a place at Future News Worldwide you must be:
- Aged 18-25 on 1 July
- A registered student, enrolled in an undergraduate or postgraduate course (of any subject) at a university or higher education institution
- A native speaker of English OR be able to speak English at IELTS level 6.5 or equivalent (a formal qualification is not required, just the ability to speak at this level)
- Not have participated in a previous iteration of Future News Worldwide or Future NEWS
- Dedicated to a career in journalism, in any form
- Available to travel to and from the UK for the conference dates
PLEASE NOTE: if you are shortlisted for a place at the conference you will be required to provide evidence of eligibility (identity, age, student status and English language ability).
Applicants based in Thailand
The application process is different for students based in Thailand. Please visit www.facebook.com/FutureJournalistAward.FJA for information on how to apply.
You can apply to attend the conference by completing the online application form. The form is composed of contact details and eligibility questions, followed by two questions designed to test your journalistic skills and interests. You can read these two questions below and prepare your answers before starting the online application.
We recognise that quality journalism comes in many forms, and we encourage you to use multimedia in your responses to these questions. If you wish to give your answer as a written article you should use the space provided. If you wish to respond in multimedia format (such as video or podcast) please upload your file to a hosting site (e.g Youtube, Vimeo, Soundcloud) and provide a link in this space.
All answers will be judged equally regardless of format.
Please note it is not possible to save your work whilst completing the form, so we recommend composing your answers to these questions offline then copy and pasting into the form.