What’s it all about?

If you’re a UK student, you can study abroad at higher education institutions around the world outside Europe, from Albania and Australia to Uzbekistan and Zimbabwe, through Erasmus+ International Credit Mobility as part of your degree.

Where can I go?

Most countries around the world are now taking part, but you will need to check with your university to see with which universities they partner.

How long does it last?

You can study abroad for any period from three months to a year, depending on how this fits with your study and the arrangement with your home university.

What does it cost?

You don’t have to pay to take part in International Credit Mobility. You receive an Erasmus+ grant – as a contribution to the cost of studying abroad – of around 650 euros per month, plus a top-up depending on the distance to the country you are travelling to.

Do I need to speak a foreign language?

Some of the overseas universities will teach the course in English, and your university would usually tell you whether that is the case, although there are obvious benefits to speaking the local language or learning some of it.

Can I apply?

You must be enrolled at a UK university which holds the Erasmus Charter for Higher Education and studying for a degree. The university will also need to be taking part in International Credit Mobility

How do I apply?

You will need to apply to your home university, who will usually recruit in the winter for students who wish to take part in the following academic year.

What will I gain from this?

This is Erasmus+ with a big plus, as you get all the benefits from studying abroad. This includes improving your CV, experiencing a new culture and building an international network of friends.