This education pack contains various pieces of artwork from the British Council Collection that explore the different facets of Britain. Alongside leading education professionals, we have developed this pack to help explore themes of identity and belonging through the medium of art.
The pieces that are featured are:
- Number 22 by David Hepher
- Industrial City and City Scene St John’s Parade by LS Lowry
- White Horse by Mark Wallinger
- Self-portrait with a Mobile Phone by Morag Keil
- Sea Form (Porthmeor) by Barbara Hepworth
The resource can be used as starting points in individual lessons or as elements of a joint crosscurricular project to develop knowledge, expand creative and communication skills and reflect on local and global issues.