The British Council #SouthernAfricaArts in partnership with Thapong Visual Arts Centre are delivering an exciting new project, new Art new Audiences #nAnAbw and are looking for a communications partner to help tell capture and share the unfolding of the project.
We are looking for a local communications firm or individual that has a proven track record in managing communication strategies, especially in the creative sector. The successful applicant would be expected to deliver creative communications activity for the duration of the project as well as developing a creative communications strategy for #nAnAbw for audience engagement within Botswana’s borders and especially outside of it in Southern Africa and the UK. This communication strategy will look at supporting the story-telling of the 3 successful projects that will be developed between March and June 2019, culminating in an exhibition showcasing the 3 projects themselves.
The successful applicant will work closely with the curator at Thapong Visual Arts Centre for the duration of the project.
We are seeking applications from individuals who will be able to:
- Provide oversight over all communications specific to #nAnAbw project as mandated to help amplify the project to a social media audience in collaboration wit the British Council and Thapong Visual Arts Centre.
- Produce innovative and creative digital content which will promote the three successful projects and the #nAnAbw project overall including the supporting partners
- Documentation of all aspects of the #nAnAbw project through photography and video and making regular submissions as specified
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, please submit your curriculum vitae/company profile along with a 600 - 800 word statement between February 8 and February 22 for consideration. This statement should include the following:
- a summary of your experience working as a communications partner in and/or outside of Botswana
- your experience with working with social media
- your experience of using various media – including but not limited to photography, videography, with at least 2 but not more than 5 links to examples
- how you would propose to meet the aims of the project above including being available to support project development between artists
- how you would use communication channels (e.g. website, social media) to promote the project
Applications should be submitted to Mr Reginald Bakwena (email@example.com) by 15:00 hours GMT on February 28, 2019.
The British Council and Thapong Visual Arts Centre have partnered on a project called new Art new Audiences #nAnAbw which will be delivered between January and June of 2019. This project seeks to provide an opportunity for emerging artists to create new work which represent of a cross-section of a minimum of, but not limited to, two art disciplines. The projects are expected to be developed between March and June, culminating in an exhibition of the three successful projects.