As educators, you have an important role to play in enhancing the employability of your students and raising the quality of teaching in your educational institution. Reliable English language testing plays an essential role in this by enabling you to evaluate students and teachers, recruit the right staff, design suitable training programmes and place students in the right courses.
Aptis is an innovative English language test that enables educational institutions across the world to assess the English language proficiency of their teachers, other staff, and students.
Aptis for Teachers is a variant of Aptis designed to assess English language skills in an educational context. Aptis for Teens is a variant of Aptis containing questions that have been designed to reflect activities that occur in a teenager’s everyday life.
WHY APTIS ?
- Aptis uses a detailed reporting system, where both a scaled score and a CEFR level are provided for each skill tested.
- Individual and group reports are provided so you get a clear picture of each test taker’s strengths and weaknesses as well as their ranking within the workforce.
- A compulsory grammar and vocabulary test is combined with one or more skills tests (reading, writing, speaking and listening), allowing you to test only the skills that are relevant.
- Aptis can be taken using a computer, tablet, or pen and paper and results can be provided within 48 hours.
- All Aptis tests consist of high-quality content put together and reviewed by a dedicated global team for suitability around the world.
- Free practice materials and test guides are available for candidates.
- The test is simple to administer and technical support is provided.
- The British Council is strongly committed to the highest standards of equality, diversity and inclusion in testing, so extra time can be allocated for candidates in specially prepared computer-based versions when this is required. A braille version of the core and reading test is available.
SOME OF OUR EDUCATION CLIENTS
The types of institutions that have chosen Aptis include private and public universities, colleges, schools, language schools and international schools.