English is becoming increasingly popular across the world and connects people from different nations, regions and cultures. The growing demand for English as a medium of communication and instruction makes it essential for government organisations to evaluate the English language proficiency of their employees.
Aptis is an innovative English language test that enables organisations across the world to assess the English language proficiency of employees and make informed decisions on recruitment, benchmarking, and workforce development.
- Aptis uses a detailed reporting system, where both a scaled score and a CEFR level are provided for each skill tested.
- Aptis for Teachers is a variant of Aptis that is designed to evaluate English language skills in the educational sector.
- Individual and group reports are provided so you get a clear picture of each test taker’s strengths and weaknesses as well as their ranking within the workforce.
- A compulsory grammar and vocabulary test is combined with one or more skills tests (reading, writing, speaking and listening), allowing you to test only the skills that are relevant.
- Aptis can be taken using a computer, tablet, or pen and paper and results can be provided within 48 hours.
- All Aptis tests consist of high-quality content put together and reviewed by a dedicated global team for suitability around the world.
- Free practice materials and test guides are available for candidates.
- The test is simple to administer and technical support is provided.
- The British Council is strongly committed to the highest standards of equality, diversity and inclusion in testing, so extra time can be allocated for candidates in specially prepared computer-based versions when this is required. A braille version of the core and reading test is available.
SOME OF OUR GOVERNMENT CLIENTS
The Aptis test is currently used by several ministries, NGOs, government-sponsored projects and local municipalities all around the world.