Aptis is an innovative English language test, that aims to help companies assess the English language proficiency of their staff, regardless of their experience, skills or computer literacy levels.
Businesses can make informed decisions on assessment, recruitment and workforce development by putting the English language proficiency of their employees to the test. Aptis can be easily integrated into the existing HR systems and managed locally, enabling you to easily monitor the success of your training and recruitment programmes.
- An Aptis grammar and vocabulary test is combined with one or more of the skill tests (reading, writing, speaking and listening), allowing you to choose the skills that are relevant for you and test them using various delivery modes available, like computer, tablet or pen and paper.
- Aptis uses a detailed reporting system, where both a scaled score and a CEFR level are reported for each skill tested and the test performance (speaking and writing) is rated by multiple raters, thus enhancing the accuracy of the score.
- Aptis follows a detailed reporting system, wherein individual and group reports are provided so you get a clear picture of the test takers’ strengths and weaknesses along with their rankings amongst colleagues.
- An Aptis test has a user-friendly interface and can be downloaded and installed quickly in just a few steps, enabling you to administer the test efficiently. The British Council is strongly committed to the highest standards of equality, diversity and inclusion in testing, so extra time can be allocated for candidates in specially prepared computer-based versions when this is required. Braille version of the core and the reading component is available.
- All Aptis tests consist of high-quality content put together and reviewed by a dedicated global team for suitability around the world.
WHo is USing APTIS?
The test is currently used by various multinational corporations, small to medium enterprises and private firms around the world to assess the English language skills of their employees. Talent Managers in many global companies, including KPMG in Egypt, Kerry Logistics in Hong Kong, Vietjet Air in Vietnam, GlaxoSmithKline in Pakistan, Vodafone in Qatar, AirAlgerie in Algeria and Worley Parsons in Oman, use Aptis to identify and filter prospective employees, assess current employees’ English language strengths and weaknesses, recruit and promote the right people.
An employee’s performance in the test closely reflects his or her understanding of English within a functional context, making it extremely easy to pinpoint areas for improvement.The test helps them focus on critical language competency areas and prepare their businesses for the future.