Our approach to English language teaching builds on 80 years' teaching experience and draws on the latest academic research
Whatever age or ability students begin their English language learning journey, we help learners to work towards a future where they succeed in a global world and enjoy communicating with others in English.
We provide learners with a rewarding and stimulating experience in which intercultural understanding is a core aspect of language learning.
We help all learners reach their full potential by respecting them as diverse individuals, and by encouraging them to be active participants in their own learning.
How we recruit and train our teachers
We recruit English language teachers with internationally recognised qualifications in English language teaching who have the knowledge, skills and experience to develop the language and communication skills, and learning strategies of our learners.
Our teachers come from a wide range of backgrounds and nationalities, and speak a variety of the world’s languages. All our teachers share a common goal to offer the highest standards of English language teaching to our learners.
Our teaching is backed up by academic expertise in successful teaching methods and practice. Our teachers receive ongoing professional development and are supported by a team of academic managers in order to deliver high-quality learning experiences.
Helping all learners to succeed
Whether at our teaching centres, online, or a blend of both, our learners thrive in their language learning because teachers...
- give timely and constructive feedback on learning and progress.
- encourage learners to reflect systematically and regularly upon their learning and progress.
- set and negotiate realistic goals with and for their learners inform learners of the aims and purpose of learning activities.
- create a positive and inclusive learning environment where learners learn with and from each other and feel confident using English in the classroom.
- make lessons engaging, personally relevant and appropriately challenging.
- help learners develop intercultural awareness and understanding help learners develop a positive and persevering attitude towards their English language learning.
- use a variety of resources and technologies to meet their learners’ needs.
- help learners identify the strategies that suit them best to become successful and autonomous language learners.
- use assessment to promote and measure learning.
A safe, secure and inclusive learning environment
Our language centres are welcoming spaces for people to create international connections and share ideas. We ensure that all students and families feel included, safe and valued.
We have clear safeguarding, behaviour and diversity policies and have been awarded the Keeping Children Safe Certification. Our physical and digital settings meet the highest standards in safety and security.
We promote fair treatment for all and challenge discrimination in all its forms. We aim to help everyone achieve their potential regardless of age, ability, gender, race, ethnicity or culture, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.