Update 8 August 2022 - this opportunity has now closed.
What is the opportunity
In 2018, the British Council launched its first Missing Pillar Report on culture’s contribution to the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). 'The Missing Pillar ' explores the place of culture in the SDGs through research, policy and practice. It analyses where arts and culture as a sector and as a creative process can fit within a number of goals, including their targets and indicators.
The British Council would like to commission a follow up research study from the 2018 report.
- Review and map the current evidence and progress to date towards the relevant SDGs, from a selection of British Council programmes and non-British Council programmes or initiatives.
- Examine the SDGs as a framework to monitor and evidence the impact culture and cultural relations can deliver against.
- Propose practical steps on how we build an international consensus for post 2030 around the role and contribution culture and cultural relations makes to sustainable
- Experience in the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
- Experience of researching international arts programmes.
- Develop a visual Conceptual Framework,
- A clear and concise written report in English including executive summary, case studies, and bibliography) and slide deck exploring the four research questions
How to apply
Full details, how to apply and terms and conditions please visit the Intend portal. The reference is BC/02442.
You must register an account before you can express an interest in the tender and download the tender pack
Deadline for responses is 5pm BST, 7 August 2022.