English in Early Chilhood: Language Learning and Development
This free online course for parents and practitioners explores how young children learn English while investigating many aspects of learning and development in a child's early years.
Through exploration of many topics this course will answer:
- How and why do children learn best through play?
- How do very young children best learn English as an additional language while they’re still learning their mother tongue?
- What can parents do to enable children to get the most out of their learning experience?
Discover how your child can learn English and how you can support them
- Hear from early childhood experts and parents through articles videos and live events to see for yourself how young children learn inside the early years classroom and at home.
- British Council educators share their insights and experiences offering you tips, advice and downloadable resources at every stage.
- Join discussions about child development and early childhood English language learning, where you can interact live with our experienced educators.
- Share your opinions, ideas and questions with other participants.
Draw on the British Council’s English teaching expertise
This free online course draws on the British Council’s expertise in teaching English to learners of all ages including very young children.
It also benefits from our experience of creating Learning Time with Shaun & Timmy learning centres and learn at home products.
Find out more
You can register for interest in this course and find out more information on the FutureLearn website.