Through Improving Parliamentary Performance in Pakistan, we help the country to foster democratisation by building up the capacity of elected representatives and institutions.
Our project team supports Pakistan’s parliament with a view to improving the three main strands of its parliamentary function: law making, oversight and representation.
We work to:
- Improve the functioning of elected representatives, secretariats, and selected committees, primarily at the federal level
- Enhance parliamentary transparency and access
- Increase the capacity of parliament to promote international human rights standards, including the parliamentary role on election legislation
- Increase interaction between elected assemblies in Pakistan and the European Parliament.
Our project team works closely with individuals, groups, and institutions, as both key partners and beneficiaries, including:
- Leaders and members of the Senate and National Assembly of Pakistan
- Committees of parliament and other parliamentary bodies
- Secretaries and Secretariat staff of both Houses
- Executive Director and staff of the Pakistan Institute for Parliamentary Studies
- Project consortium members
- Civil society organisations and the media.