The 30 years anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall offers an opportunity to look at the higher education environments in former Communist countries. To this end as part of its series The Shape of Global Higher Education, the British Council conducted research into national policy frameworks in Croatia, Hungary, Romania and Bulgaria, which are often overlooked for lack of awareness.
British Council and UUKi invite UK universities to a presentation of research findings by Janet Ilieva, Founder and Director of Research Insight. This will be followed by in-depth conversations with British Council Country Directors and national agency representatives, supporting UK universities in exploring Transnational Education (TNE) opportunities in the newer EU accession states. The day’s agenda is as follows:
- Welcome and introductions
- Presentation of research findings for Hungary, Croatia, Bulgaria, Romania (Janet Ilieva)
- Country insights
- Questions & answers
- Closing remarks
- Janet Ilieva, Founder and Director of Research Insight
- Michael Peak, Senior Advisor Education Research, British Council
- British Council Country Directors Bulgaria, Croatia, Hungary and Romania plus national HE representatives
UK HEIs with an interest in TNE opportunities in Central and Eastern Europe
To register for this event please email firstname.lastname@example.org.