A great, fun opportunity for students to practise and improve their Mandarin Chinese language skills.
The British Council is pleased to announce that a digital Mandarin Speaking Competition will take place in a series of online events. The competition provides a great opportunity for secondary school students to practice and improve their Mandarin language skills.
Taking part in the competition:
- increases students’ motivation for learning the language
- develops vocabulary and improves pronunciation
- raises confidence for oral examinations
- encourages students to interact with their classmates
- inspires students to discover more about Chinese culture.
What is the prize?
In past years, a trip to China was the prize for the winners of this competition. Unfortunately that will not be possible this year, due to COVID-19. But we are working with our partners on an idea for an intriguing alternative prize.
Applications for 2020/21
The application process will open in early January 2021 when full details on eligibility, criteria, guidelines and safeguarding procedures will be communicated on this website.