- Where do you work?
- How long have you worked for the British Council?
Since September 2013.
- How much of that has been in exams?
The last 3 years.
- What do you enjoy most about your job?
I work with a big team of about 40, and we can always find something each day which makes us laugh and smile, very important in a pressurized environment. It’s also very moving when you see a parent and student smile at a graduation ceremony. I also get satisfaction from knowing my team and stakeholders are happy.
- How big is the Exams team in your country?
40 people, 145,000 exams.
- How many towns/cities do you deliver in in your country?
- What is the biggest challenge you’re facing at the moment?
Working with a wide range of stakeholders, also we face many challenges, as you might expect delivering 145,000 exams in a country like Bangladesh. The kind of thing that really makes me nervous is watching a Chemistry Practical exam and thinking….so if that candidate drops the highly flammable material and causes a fire, it’s me who’s responsible.
Meet Our Staff: Sebastian Pearce