In today’s globalised society, connecting, collaborating and working together with people in other countries is an increasing part of everyday reality – from business, to leisure and beyond.
Bringing an International Dimension to Childrens’ Education has never been more important if we are to prepare them for life in the 21st century. eTwinning is all about enabling you, your pupils, your class and your school to connect and work with partners online around Europe, on projects of your choice – absolutely free of charge.
It is not about creating extra work, but providing a framework for exciting curriculum work with partners in another country. There are many benefits to linking up with another school.
- Increased motivation, as they have an audience for their work in a school in another country
- Enhanced key skills, including ICT use, communication and foreign language skills
- Greater cultural awareness through direct contact with peers in other countries.
- Direct contact with education professionals in another European country
- An awareness of teaching and/or management approaches used in another country
- Sharing and celebration of your own professional expertise and experience
- Using eTwinning as a first step to international linking and gaining the International School Award.
Online partnerships often lead to Comenius funded projects, involving travel and joint project work between partners over a 2 year period. eTwinning provides a flexible framework for schools to deliver Comenius partnership objectives and add value to learning experiences.
Register on the eTwinning website