We are looking for talented, committed and ambitious teachers of English to work in our centres and play a role in boosting the opportunities for, and employability of, young people and adults across the Middle East and North Africa (MENA).
Where could I be teaching?
The MENA region is diverse and growing fast. A career with the British Council is a great way to enjoy the culture, history and hospitality of this fascinating region – and help make a positive difference to its people and communities.
The British Council has been teaching English in MENA for more than 75 years. We are present in 12 countries, and run 21 teaching centres in Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Jordan, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Morocco, Oman, Occupied Palestinian Territories, Qatar, Tunisia and United Arab Emirates.
Am I eligible?
Each role has different eligibility criteria, but all require a minimum of:
- TEFL qualification
- Two years' experience of teaching English, after having gained an English language teaching qualification
Please note: Some of our centres run a Newly Qualified Teacher (NQT) scheme wherein they accept newly TEFL-qualified candidates and give them the opportunity to gain two years’ teaching experience with the British Council.
You can apply online from anywhere in the world.
What opportunities are available?
There are a number of career pathways open to you at British Council including:
• teaching English
• developing online materials and apps for teachers and learners
• managing teaching centres and projects
• training and mentoring teachers.
What are the benefits?
Experienced teachers with the right qualifications and work background will enjoy generous remuneration and benefits including:
• a competitive salary including housing, relocation and settling-in allowance and air-fares
• excellent personal and professional development opportunities
• on-the-job training
• opportunities to teach learners of different age groups and cultural backgrounds
• steady and consistent career progression
• ability to move around our network of teaching centres.
How do I apply?
We advertise all our vacancies online through our jobs portal. Go to 'External vacancies' and then search by 'Job category' for teacher jobs.
For queries relating to recruitment, please email us.