What is the Internationalism Alliance?
We want to offer every child and young person in the United Kingdom, whatever their background or interests, the opportunity to learn from – and connect with – other people in the UK and around the world.
The UK’s future will be shaped by our international links and the way we work with partners to tackle the challenges facing us all.
We pledge to do what we can to give our young people the understanding, skills and confidence to make those connections for themselves – to enrich their lives and the lives of everyone in the UK.
Join the Internationalism Alliance
Young people and partners in the UK can join the Internationalism Alliance.
Partners will be part of a community of organisations working with young people, including British Council. We want to make real change through our work and collaboration.
As a member, you can
- identify priorities and work towards shared goals with other members
- participate in regular, themed workshops and meetings
- be part of advocacy campaigns to influence leaders and decision-makers to increase opportunities for young people
- celebrate each other’s successes
- ensure young people’s voices are always part of our thinking.
The Internationalism Alliance will
- champion international and intercultural experiences for children and young people
- advocate for increased opportunities for international learning
- build resources to support high-quality international experiences.
Who has joined the Alliance so far?
Over 50 organisations have signed up to our pledge and collective actions.
We have convened partners from across the UK to form the Internationalism Alliance, including:
- The Prince’s Trust
- Scouts UK
- Tate Collective
- Museums Liverpool
- International Newcastle
Sign up to our pledge
Email us and tell us why you want to sign up to the pledge, in fewer than 250 words.
Send us information about your organisation and links to relevant information.
Include the name and email of your lead contact.