GoCamp need 1000 international volunteers for their camps in 2017
What's it all about?
GoCamp is a new wave of English summer camps for children. During the three weeks of camp, children from small cities or villages (who have never been to other countries or interacted with foreigners) can take part in activities and interact with foreign volunteers to build their English language skills and have fun.
Using a specially developed programme, children will learn how to work in teams, communicate in a multicultural environment, think critically, and to be tolerant of others. The main goal is to educate a new young generation of active and conscious citizens of Ukraine, capable of life long learning, and prepared for the challenges of the 21st century, fluent in foreign languages and open to other cultures and experiences.
Where can I go?
Volunteers will be placed in one of the numerous GoCamps in all regions of Ukraine except for Donetsk and Luhansk.
Volunteers' safety and security is priority and no volunteers are sent to areas of conflict.
- Five week GoCamp AfterSchool pilot project (with free weekends and orientation training on 27 March)
Dates: 27 March 2017 - 28 April 2017
Location: Kyiv and Kyiv region
- Three week GoCamps all over Ukraine (with free weekends and orientation training on 25-28 May)
Dates: 29 May 2017 - 16 June 2017
Location: all over Ukraine
- Two week GoCamps all over Ukraine (with free weekends and orientation training on 8-11 June)
Dates: 12 June 2017 - 23 June 2017
Location: all over Ukraine
- Two week GoCamp East is a new format of overnight camp with intensive study of English for children from frontline areas of the Donetsk and Luhansk regions.
Dates: July and August 2017
How much does it cost?
You’ll need to cover the cost of:
- a round-trip airfare to Kyiv
- medical insurance
- participation fee - $75
The participation fee is used for: transfer from the Kyiv airport; orientation training after arrival to Kyiv; pre-departure support by email; visa support; accommodations; partial meals; travel to your host community and back; SIM-cards for local calls; support from office staff and a 247/7 hotline.
Am I eligible?
You'll need to be:
- at least 18 years of age
- Have upper intermediate or above level of English or be a native-speaker
- Have experience or an interest in these four strands: STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Mathematics), Citizenship, Leadership and Career Exploration, Sports and Health.
You'll also be expected to act in a professional manner to provide the kids with a quality and memorable stay while they are at camp. Along with the training, volunteers are encouraged to engage in activities they enjoy and can teach children more about, as well as the various cultures you come from.
How do I apply?
Fill out the online application form http://gocamps.com.ua/en/volunteer
Next steps will be to:
- Have a Skype interview with the GoCamps manager
- Submit a full package of documents
- Sign an Agreement online
- Pay the participation fee
- Get introduced to the local school teacher and host family
- Receive a full pre-departure information package and do an online child protection.
The list of documents you need to send after the Skype interview are:
- employment history (CV)
- copy of valid ID
- copy of residence permit or equivalent (if you live in a country other than the country of current nationality)
- health check criminal record check
- international medical insurance
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. If they determine that you are a good match for the programme, you'll be invited for a Skype interview.
To apply, submit the application form on http://gocamps.com.ua/en/volunteer by 15 May 2017. The earlier you submit your application the more options you will have for your camp site preference.
Why should I apply?
You get the opportunity to spend next summer as a mentor for the next generation of Ukrainian and discover more about the country.
Volunteers also get special training and opportunities to share their experience in the following spheres: STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Mathematics), Leadership and Career, Citizenship, Sports&Health. As a GoCamp volunteer, you will inspire the kids to discover the entire world by sharing your culture, thoughts and values with them.
"I feel very lucky to have visited such a fascinating country and my interest in Ukraine only became stronger after my GoCamp experience" - James Whittingham, GoCamp volunteer in 2016.
"With GoCamp I gained great experience and learned that you can inspire the children as much as they inspire you" - Katie Richardson-Corazzi, GoCamp volunteer in 2016.