What's it all about?
City Year UK is a youth social action charity pioneering a new way of addressing social and educational challenges in UK. Their vision is that through a year of service, all young people will have the chance to tackle entrenched social problems in their communities, and through that service, be able to develop themselves.
The City Year Leadership Development Programme is designed to help 18 to 25-year-olds make maximum impact in schools. Serving as mentors, tutors and role models, you will support pupils growing up in some of the most disadvantaged communities in the UK. Equally, it’s a year for you to realise your own aspirations and grow as a leader, both through the achievements you’ll share with pupils and the training, coaching and career development opportunities available.
Where can I go?
City Year UK provides opportunities in:
- West Midlands
- Greater Manchester
Am I eligible?
To be eligible for the programme you will need to be:
- passionate, committed and have the emotional maturity to work with disadvantaged young children
- aged 18-25 when you start volunteering
- eligible to live and work in the EU for a year
- live in the Greater Manchester, the West Midlands or London area during your year of service
- have a minimum Level 3 qualification (A level or equivalent)