Spend three weeks in August on a funded Study China programme.
What's it all about?
Study China is a UK Government funded initiative and is delivered by The University of Manchester.
It's a three-week programme, giving you an opportunity to learn the language, maximise future employability and develop a global mind-set.
During your time in China you will get the chance to interact with Chinese students, academic staff, local families and businesses. Throughout the programme you will be immersed in a vibrant campus environment at a leading Chinese university, ensuring that your Study China experience is truly unforgettable.
You will complete an intensive Chinese Mandarin course designed to develop your written and spoken language skills. Study China welcome applications from students with any level of language experience, from absolute beginners with no prior experience to fluent speakers. You will be placed in a tiered class depending on your ability.
And your Study China experience will not be confined to classroom learning. Through a curriculum of workshops, trips and excursions you will be introduced to the real China.
Why should I go?
You get to experience Chinese life and culture in a way that's not accessible as a tourist.
Over 5000 participants have taken part in this programme to date, so Study China are confident that the programme will:
- Enhance your CV – you will gain transferable skills that can give you a competitive edge when applying for future employment
- Provide global experience – employers often seek out candidates with global experience in countries such as China
- Open up new opportunities – learning a language will open up many different work and study opportunities enabling you to establish strong links with leading Chinese universities and peers from UK universities
- Support you in pursuing a future career in China – Study China alumni are eligible to apply for scholarships to return to China.
Am I eligible?
To be eligible to apply for the summer 2017 programme you must currently be:
- A full-time student at a Higher/Further Education institution in England or Northern Ireland
- 18 years of age or over on commencement of programme
- Hold a valid EU/EEA passport
Please note: If you graduate during the summer of 2017, you are still eligible.
For full eligibility criteria please visit the website: www.studychina.org.uk
How long does it last?
The programme lasts for approximately 21 days.
- Programme start date: Sunday 6 August 2017
- Programme end date: Saturday 26 August 2017
How much will it cost?
The Study China Programme is funded by the UK Government.
The following costs are all covered by the government funders:
- Accommodation for the duration of the programme
- Airport pickup and drop off (at specific times)
- Tuition of language courses
- Activities and associated trips
But you will need to fund the following costs:
- Flights (estimated at £600-£900)
- Visa - estimated at £170, dependent upon visa application processing office
- Spending money (based on previous programmes the average spend is £300 - £400)
- Travel Insurance
- Activities undertaken in free time
How do I apply?
Applications are closed.
Get in touch
For full Study China information, please visit our website www.studychina.org.uk
To contact a member of the team:
Telephone: 0161 306 1725