What is it all about?
The Kuwait University is offering two scholarships to UK nationals to enrol in Arabic language studies. The scholarship would be valid for the September 2016 intake of students and would continue for three semesters, or one full academic year.
This is a great opportunity for you to not only study, but to experience and understand new cultures and traditions in the Arab world. Students will be exposed to different methodologies of teaching and students from various cultural backgrounds. Graduates with a globalized mind-set are highly sought after in the work place.
Kuwait University is the first public research university in the State of Kuwait and was established in 1966. Its vision is to provide world-class education, and is committed to advancing, preserving, and disseminating knowledge.
What does it cover?
Recipients of this scholarship will have the following costs covered:
- Flight to Kuwait
- Visa fees
- Accommodation in Kuwait
- A monthly food allowance of 100 KD/month
Am I eligible?
To be eligible for this scholarship, students have to be:
- Between the age of 18-30
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent (which will need to be certified by the Kuwaiti Embassy in the UK)
- Committed to complete the full year at Kuwait university
How to apply?
Students interested in this opportunity need to courier the following required documents to the British Council offices in Kuwait.
- Medical report recognized by the Kuwaiti Embassy
- Good conduct certificate recognized by the Kuwaiti Embassy
- Copy of your academic certificate, which has been certified by the Kuwaiti Embassy
- Copy of your passport
- 4 personal photos
This opportunity is open for applications from 24 April to 18 August 2016.
These documents must be couriered to the British Council offices in Kuwait. The address must be written as follows:
Essa Abdullah Bahman Street
Block 2, Mansouriya
Have any questions?
If you have any questions about the scholarship, please contact Mais Montazar