What is it all about?
Looking to go abroad to complete your doctoral study? Apply now for a Commonwealth Scholarship to start your doctorate in New Zealand in 2017.
New Zealand is a great destination for students – famous for its beautiful natural landscapes, there is no shortage of activities for the adventurous. New Zealand also offers highly regarded universities situated in lively cities with diverse communities.
Universities New Zealand – Te Pōkai Tara is offering eight Commonwealth Scholarships for doctoral study in New Zealand starting in early 2017.
The following universities in New Zealand are offering to fund one Commonwealth Scholarship each at varying values:
- Auckland University of Technology
- Lincoln University
- Massey University
- University of Auckland
- University of Canterbury
- University of Otago
- University of Waikato
- Victoria University of Wellington
What does it cover?
Each university is offering its own scholarship, with varying value. All universities will cover, at minimum:
- A return flight to New Zealand
- Approved tuition fees and other compulsory university fees
- Insurance (type may vary)
Other extra costs may be covered, but are subject to each university’s scholarship:
- Visa administration cost
- An establishment bursary (a onetime payment at the start of term)
- Baggage allowance
- Thesis binding costs
Information about what is covered by each university can be found on the opportunity provider’s website.
Am I eligible?
To apply for one of these scholarships, you must:
- Be a UK citizen (applicants with dual New Zealand/UK citizenship are ineligible)
- Have at least a 2:1 Honours undergraduate degree (by the time you take up your scholarship)
- Have thoroughly researched the programme you would like to join at your preferred university in New Zealand
- Be able to demonstrate that you have made contact with and can show some degree of support from a potential doctoral supervisor
An indication that you have received an offer of a place at your preferred New Zealand university would assist the assessment process but is not mandatory.
How to apply?
For full details on how to apply for these scholarships, please visit the opportunity provider’s website.
The deadline for applications is 29 July 2016.
If you are interested in applying for a Commonwealth Scholarship for doctoral study in New Zealand, please register your interest by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, so that we can notify you should there be any changes to requirements.
Got a question?
Any queries about the Commonwealth Scholarship for doctoral study in New Zealand can be directed to email@example.com