What is it all about?
The Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan (CSFP) is one of the largest and most prestigious scholarship schemes in the world. Since its establishment in 1959, it has provided opportunities for over 30,000 citizens to study abroad.
The CSFP endowment fund supports Commonwealth Scholarships hosted by low and middle income countries, making a new range of study destinations available to all Commonwealth citizens. The fund is managed by the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU).
Applications are now open for Commonwealth Scholarships for Master’s level study starting in early 2017 in the following countries:
- Papua New Guinea
- South Africa
- South Pacific
- Sri Lanka
What does it cover?
Each award provides:
- Return economy airfare between your home and host countries
- Arrival allowance of $500 USD
- Full tuition fees
- Either a monthly or quarterly living stipend, which should cover living costs, food, and local transport
What can I study?
Papua New Guinea
• MSc Agriculture
• MSc Applied Physics
• Master of Communication Studies (MCS)
• MSc Forestry
• MTech Mechanical Engineering
• MComm Accounting
• MAgr Master of Agriculture
• MComm Banking and Finance
• MSc Chemistry
• MSc Climate Change
• MSc Computer Science
• Master of Arts in Development Studies
• Master of Arts in Diplomacy and International Affairs
• MSc Earth Science
• MComm Economics
• MA Education
• MSc Engineering
• Master of Arts in Environmental Management
• MSc Environmental Science
• Master of Arts in Geography
• Master of Arts in Governance
• MA History
• MSc Information Systems
• MA Journalism
• MComm Land Management
• MA Linguistics
• MA Literature
• MComm Management and Public Administration
• Master of Arts in Marine Management
• MSc Mathematics
• MA Pacific Studies
• MSc Physics
• MComm Population Studies and Demography
• MA Psychology
• MA Social Policy
• MA Sociology
Postgraduate Institute of Management (PIM) – University of Sri Jayewardenepura
• Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Institute of Biochemistry, Molecular Biology and Biotechnology (IBMBB) – University of Colombo
• MSc Cellular and Molecular Immunology
Am I eligible?
To apply for one of these scholarships, you must:
- Be a citizen of any Commonwealth country, EXCEPT the host country
- Have at least a 2:1 undergraduate degree in a discipline relevant to the course that you propose to study
How to apply:
For full details on how to apply for these scholarships, including the individual application forms for each country, please visit the opportunity provider’s website.
The deadline to apply for the 2016 Commonwealth Scholarships in low and middle income Countries is 30 June 2016.