Sometimes, a picture is worth so much more than a 1000 words.
We are calling all current and past participants of any Study Work Create programme! We want to see the best pictures from your international experience – whether you were an English Language Assistant in the south of France, on an IAESTE placement in Ecuador, or are currently studying abroad with Erasmus+. Any Study Work Create programme is eligible to participate.
Share a picture with us of a moment that made you happy that you decided to go abroad with British Council. It could be the scene from the top of an amazing hike, a picture of your new friends at the pub, the view from your new local café – whatever moment made you ecstatic to have gone abroad. You could win a gift card from Flight Centre UK, perfect for jetting off on your next adventure!
To enter, you must:
- Be a resident of the UK
- Be currently on, or have previously been on a programme listed on our Study Work Create website
How to Enter
To enter participants must:
1. Email email@example.com with the subject “Photo Contest entry” and include the following:
- Your full name
- One photograph that you wish to enter. Please name you photograph with your first initial and last name. For example, if your name is Jane Lees, the photograph should be saved as “jlees.jpg”.
- The Study Work Create programme on which you participated and when
- A short write-up (no more than 100 words) about the photograph, where the photo was taken, and why you like it!
2. Upload your picture to Instagram and tag @studyworkcreate and #StudyWorkCreate
You need to email and post your photo by 15:00 29 March 2016. We will then choose the 25 best photos (based on the criteria below) and those pictures will be posted on Facebook - the picture with the most likes by 15:00 15 April 2016 will be delcared the winner.
The best 25 photos will be chosen on the following criteria:
- Impactful imagery that transports the viewer to a specific place
- Photos that highlight the lifestyle and culture differences your experience while living abroad
- Imagery that demonstrates benefits of living abroad.
We will choose the best 25 photos and post them on our Facebook page – then the public can decide which photo they like best. The most liked photo by 15:00 on 15 April 2016 will win a £250 gift card from Flight Centre UK. The second prize is a £100 gift card from Flight Centre UK.
This is the perfect excuse to go through your photos one more time, throwback to the amazing year you had, or be the envy of all your friends back home. Submit your photos on Instagram now.
The full terms and conditions can be found at the bottom of the page