My corner of India
Calling all teaching assistants/TCS walas! Which places in your local area are dear to you and why? Wherever you’re living in India, we want to hear all about what makes your hangout spots special. But don’t just tell us; show us! We want you to:
- film yourself on location, at your special spot...
- tell us who you are and what Generation UK-India placement you are on...
- describe where you are, and what/people/things make that part of India special to you…
- and explain why you think people should go to teach/work in India.
It’s that simple! Feel free in your video to take us to any part of your corner of India. Include edits if you like, and splice in photos and snippets from other parts of your Indian experience to your heart's content.
You could bring your mentor teacher in to the mix for a mini-interview at your school, or take us to chill at your local chai stall on your lunchbreak. Perhaps show us a favourite after-work hangout; maybe the legendary local food stall whose owner serves up the most unreal samosas, or the house of your Malayalam language mentor who taught you how to successfully order up a plate of them!
How to enter
To enter, participants must follow both of the following steps:
1. Upload your 45 second video to Youtube with the title ‘My Corner of India: your location’ (for example, if you're filming at your local cricket ground in Delhi then your video title could be 'My Corner of India: local Delhi cricket ground'). Feel free to include a description! Please ensure that your video is publicly visible.
2. Email email@example.com using the subject line 'My corner of India entry' and include your full name and a Youtube link to your video somewhere in the message body.
*You must film your videos inlandscape orientation.
Deadline (for teaching assistants): You must send us your videos by 23:59 GMT on 14 November 2016.
Deadline (for TCS interns): You must send us your videos by 23:59 GMT on 5 January 2016.
Prizes: The overall winner will receive a GoPro Hero 4 Session action camera!